General Description of Responsibilities
- Configures, maintains and administers assigned systems to ensure continuous operations which includes backup strategies, monitoring, preventative maintenance and upgrades, and system and application patching, and performance tuning.
- Assist in analysis of existing processes and recommendations for improvements and simple task automation.
- Works directly with the Director of Technology in documenting and diagramming processes and procedures.
- Will work with the Director of Technology on assessing hardware and application security, as well as, security audits.
- Works with others or runs vulnerability identification software packages or related tools to highlight errors in system configuration or the need for system patches, and helps document and remediate issues found.
- Responsible for all levels of customer care and problem resolution, and may work directly with users to identify and address issues and track down root cause of issues.
- Assist the Directory of Technology in maintaining an ongoing Emergency Recovery Plan.
- Works with team, systems project managers, and staff on entry and mid-level technical solutions. Configures equipment, validates connectivity and performs quality assurance testing on all new system installs
- Other duties include: Documents and tracks status of customer requests — coordinates appropriate response and follow-up. Assists in the asset tracking of all hardware and software inventory (including license and support agreements). Assist in providing mission- critical task coverage for other members of the team supporting software and hardware on our WAN and LAN. Backup the Technical Support Engineer with her/his Nurse Assessment Team duties. This position requires participation in on call rotation
- 4 years of Active Directory, Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 server administration
- Strong working knowledge of building and administering Windows 2008 and SQL 2008 clusters
- 2 years Exchange 2008 and Exchange 2010 server administration
- Experience with XenServer is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Symantec backup exec application
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and complete assignments on time; ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Must be highly organized and able to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively to management and peers both verbally and electronically (e-mail) is a must
Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Will consider a combination of college coursework and related relevant experience in lieu of degree.
Please email resumés to email@example.com